Body and Soul Wellness Assessment
- Did you exercise three times this past week? I Timothy 4:8
- Did you eat a balanced diet this week? Five servings of Veg a day? Am I eating outside of nutritional meals?
- Did you get eight hours of sleep per night most nights this week?
- Do you practice Sabbath rest sometime during your week? "On the seventh day he rested from all his work." Genesis 2:2
- Have you felt overwhelmed with too much to do and too little time?
- Have you laughed several times today? "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a contrite spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22
- What percentage of your self-talk was positive today?
- What amount of time this week did you spend living in the present? "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
- Did you do something three times this week for relaxation and recreation?
- How much change have you experienced during the past year? see Holmes-Rahe scale.
- Is your sexual being healthy and nurtured?
- Have you done something good - physically, psychologically, or spiritually - for one person this week? "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also the interests of others." Philippians 2:4
- Have you forgiven the last three people who offended you? "Each of you should forgive others just as Christ Jesus forgave you." Ephesians 4:32
- How many times has envy affected you this year? "A heart at peace gives life tot he body, but envy rots the bones." Proverbs 14:30
- Did you talk with your spouse (or, if single, your best friend) three times this week about your feelings?
- Did you share your burdens with a friend this week? "A friend loves at al times." Proverbs 17:17, "Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses." Proverbs 27:6
- Did you do at least one specific thing this week to become closer to a relative?
- Does the Word of God still give you a thrill? "Blessed is the man whose delight is in the law of the Lord; and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither." Psalms 1:1
- Do you enjoy worship through song or artistic expression?
- Did you apply the Word of God to your life daily this past week? "My son pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body." Proverbs 4:20-22
- How often this past month have you injured yourself by sinning? "He who sins against me injures himself?" Proverbs 8:36
- When needed how quickly to you ask forgiveness? "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
- How often this past year have you felt that God was with you?
Body and Soul Wellness Counseling
- Take inventory of your use of time. Learn to play with your blocks of time.
- Learn to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Be able to grasp the big picture. Ask assertive questions, don't stay in the dark.
- Work at being decisive.
- Delegate tasks in order to invest in what matters.
- Learn when it is appropriate to say no.
- Learn when it is appropriate to sette for limited objectives.
- Learn to distinguish between times when it is appropriate to respond in panic mode, and other times when you should take a less concerned approach.
- If your routine is leading to frequent bouts with depression, change your routine.
- Schedule times to discuss feelings with your mate.
- Keep priorities straight.
- Relax more.
- Realize I am precious to Christ.
- Keep perfectionistic tendencies at bay.
- Look at the true meaning of life.
- Make immediate arrangements if burnout, depression, or suicidal thoughts occur.
"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
"He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
"But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."